Naturalization and Citizenship:
After being a lawful permanent resident for five years (or three years if married to a U.S. citizen), a permanent resident may apply to become a naturalized citizen of the U.S. Applicants must meet physical presence requirements in the U.S. and show good moral character. They must also be able to speak, read and write English and demonstrate their knowledge of the history and government of the U.S.

Family Based Immigration:
We represent clients who would like to sponsor their relative to become a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. U.S. citizens may apply for their spouses, parents, and children, including married sons and daughters. Lawful permanent residents may apply for their spouses and unmarried children. For spouses, parents, and children under 21 of U.S. citizens (Immediate Relatives), there is an unlimited number of visas available. However, for applicants in the other categories, the Department of State issues a limited number of visas each year and applicants may be waiting for several years before becoming a lawful permanent resident.

The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program has been expanded to allow Individuals with no lawful immigration status to receive deferred action and employment authorization for three years (up from two years), and allows qualifying individuals to be considered for DACA if they: Entered the United States before the age of 16;
Have lived in the United States continuously since at least January 1, 2010, rather than the prior requirement of June 15, 2007;
Are of any age (removes the requirement to have been under 31 on June 15, 2012); and
Meet all of the other DACA guidelines.

Fiancé and Fiancée Petitions
The K-1 Visa is available to fiancées of U.S. citizens who are coming to the United States to get married within 90 days of arrival. The K-2 Visa is available to the children under 21 of the fiancée.

Under the Violence Against Women Act, abused spouses and children of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents may be able to petition for themselves to become legal in the U.S. and not have to rely on the abusive spouse or parent to apply for them.

Temporary Protected Status is available to citizens and nationals of countries that the U.S. government lists as countries whose residents may be temporarily unable to return to because of armed conflict, environmental disasters, or some other extraordinary condition. If granted TPS, the person will be allowed to live and work in the U.S. for the period designated by the U.S. government.